Monday, March 15, 2010

Indoor plantings!!

Today I planted my cabbage 'babies', for early harvest. You don't need to start cabbage indoors, but if you want cabbage ASAP, then you can get a jump on things. It also allows for more than one harvest, and keeps the harvest times far enough apart that you don't feel like you are living on cabbage every day for months.

The cabbages I planted are three hybrid types that are smaller than normal cabbage heads, making them better for people like me with only two mouths to feed. Hence why they are called 'babies'. Since I also tend to give a lot of my extra produce to my empty-nest parents, the small size is doubly usefully.

On a similar note, I planted leeks about a week ago and they have already started sprouting. They need a lot of growing time, so they have to be started indoors. Next on the list is Habaneros followed by the rest of the peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment