Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Outdoor Sprouts!


I was extremely excited when I returned home from being out of town to see that the strawberry plants already have flowers (photo at left)!  I am hoping that there are enough pollinators out there right now to help turn the flowers into fruits.  I also checked on my other outdoor plantings and am happy to report they have come up as well!  Here are some photos of my first outdoor sprouts of the year.





My faithful row markers!  Heart shaped leaves of the radish plant.










Beets!  I will have to pull up one of the seedlings when they get a little taller.  You can also see the twine I used to help keep my rows straight.










  


I have never planted carrots before, so I am not sure what their first leaves look like.  I am assuming this is it.  We shall see!














Collection from the lettuce bin.  Includes Spinach, and three types of lettuce.  The lettuce basically looks the same at this point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment